Monday 6 October 2014

Irresistible

I often wonder
What Newton would say
If he was around this day
And he saw me as I am
With and around you.
He, perhaps, would have 
Bowed down before
Our very own Bard of Avon,
"Dear Good Sir! This phenomenon here
Is simply beyond my Physic-al ken.",
For, this, no science could explain.
The wise old Bill 
With a chuckle would've said
"Dear Issac my boy fair,
At the wrong apple you stare!
With a tempted bite this all began,
And not when it fell on your head, 
                               you Wise Man!"
Let's ignore the rhyme and meter,
For old Bill's, well, too old; rather
Just listen to what he told.
What Newton called a phenomenon,
Shakespeare simply called it Love.

Hence my Dear Love, on Me
It's an irresistible Gravity you exert.
And despite whatever cold science has to say, 
It is in Your warm Orbit that I am forever,
                                                  Meant to Stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment